Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

App on Gallery suddenly disappearing

JArtNaranjo
7 - Meteor

Hi community,

This is a really bizarre thing, so bear with me please.I have an app on our company gallery it works fine, multiple users use it without issues. However every couple of months or so the app simply stops working because the file disappears. (I know right? WTH?)

When users go to gallery they click on the app, it appears, they hit "Run" and this error appears:

Problem Loading App

The File "J:\Temp\Alteryx\Service\Staging\XProcessCache\D6FS319116676551\Apps name.yxwz" does not exist.

On the System Settings we have:

'J:\Temp\Alteryx\' as Global Workspace

'J:\Temp\Alteryx\Service\Staging' as Workspace

'J:\Temp\Alteryx\Gallery' as Gallery Workspace

The J drive is a local Disk and it has plenty of space. Since those folders are for Alteryx workspace management we don't mess with them, we don't touch them, we don't clean them. In fact the drive is not used for anything else Why on earth would the app give that error?

7 REPLIES 7
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@JArtNaranjo

Is this a physical machine or a virtual machine (if virtual is it on-prem or cloud)?

JArtNaranjo
7 - Meteor

Hi @patrick_mcauliffe,

Thank you for your reply. Its a VM, and it's on cloud, our own cloud, but still on cloud as is on another business location.

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

I would get a list of the date/times that the app went unavailable and inquire with the cloud architects about maintenance periods and such.  It doesn't make sense that only one app would be affected, but I've seen stranger things on VM before.  Especially cloud hosted.

Drew_Moore
6 - Meteoroid

I'm having the exact same issue.  It is affecting all apps in the gallery as well as Alteryx API calls

DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Drew_Moore this isn't the same issue as the users original post due to you stating "All". I would reach out to our Support team to have them diagnose the issue. If you are unable to use anything on the Gallery, something is not running properly. Have you tried restarting the VM and is your Alteryx Service running? Please provide Support with any logs you may have from the time period you noticed the issue.

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

@Drew_Moore What version of server are you on? Just curious as we've experienced excessive XProcessCache issues when we upgraded to 2019.2.7 a few months back - the latest releases don't specifically address this issue. Alteryx Support tried to assist us but no permanent solution. Our mongodb is user-managed but our admins can't find anything to fix. We also put an automation in place to delete folders out of XProcessCache but sometimes the directories are in a hung state and can take anywhere from 5-50min to resolve; any apps affected are unusable during that time. Please let me know if Support has any resolution for you!

wildflower
8 - Asteroid

I just checked their latest server release notes for 2019.3.5 and they fixed two of the items we've been battling!! We are planning an upgrade

DE20830Mongo connection attempts failing.Fixed
US42251Gallery schedules sometimes become disabled.Fixed