This site uses different types of cookies, including analytics and functional cookies (its own and from other sites). To change your cookie settings or find out more, click here. If you continue browsing our website, you accept these cookies.
The 2022.1.1.30569 Patch/Minor release has been removed from the Download Portal due to a missing signature in some of the included files. This causes the files to not be recognized as valid files provided by Alteryx and might trigger warning messages by some 3rd party programs.
If you installed the 2022.1.1.30569 release, we recommend that you reinstall the patch.
I will preface this post by saying I am a developer and Alteryx SME and not a server admin, but our server admins do not have a lot of Alteryx designer knowledge, or Alteryx experience. I have a bunch of complicated analytic apps that I built years ago that I have been maintaining that are heavily used. Normally when we have an upgrade, I have no issues, but this time when we upgraded from 2021.2 to 2021.4.2 over the weekend my apps started throwing errors in the gallery. On this particular app I have 3 different date ranges that a user can choose from, each with 2 calendar tools to select a start and end date range. Since in previous versions I ran into issues with containers, I had set up this for the dates on all 6 calendar tools to default to today and the workflow would look for the row where the start and and dates did not equal each other. This works as no users will be pulling data for a single day using this tool. After the upgrade on the server, users started encountering an error on the calendars where no dates were selected.
These errors, however, do not occur in designer. I attempted to see if using the AMP engine might fix the issue as I see it as a work around for several other issues in the documentation, but that too errored with the dates.
I then attempted to change the workflow in Designer and use the radio buttons to disable the calendar tools that were not in use to see if that would fix the problem, but it seems like that functionality isn't working as it should...possible with this new container disable/enable design?
So there we have it. I'm 4 hours in and have tried every trick in the book that I can think of. Any help would be appreciated. I've included the app, but had to delete the query out of it. P.S. This was one of the first workflows I built and I know there is some tool optimization I can do looking at this years later LOL
@patrick_digan I thought that was the case, but I was holding out hope for a work around so that these self-service tools, which save us millions a year, wouldn't be dead in the water. Our IT team which took over admin duties of Alteryx from us in analytics won't do another upgrade for a long time.
@SGolnik I hear ya! Perhaps I'm oversimplifying, but it looks like you could just collect 2 dates (ie hopefully you don't need all 6). First collect the 2 dates, and then have the user decide which fields those dates are applicable for.
I reworked that section just a bit to connect the 2 date tools to the formula directly, and then the radio buttons right to the filter. This would allow you to use the workflow config tab and test things out as well:
Thanks @patrick_digan I was playing with a similar idea when I noticed apps with one set of calendar tools had no issues. Trying to put a positive spin on it, I'll say that I guess it is time for a refresh on these tools anyway! hahaha