Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

AlteryxMetrics.exe High Memory Usage on Worker Server

neil480
5 - Atom

Hi,

I wonder if you could help.

We have two VM servers running Alteryx, one is configured as the Controller and the other a Worker.  The Worker server is showing very high memory usage, about 80% server memory is being used and roughly 8GB of memory is consistently being used for the AlteryxMetrics.exe process.  In comparison, on the Controller server, the AlteryxMetrics.exe process only uses about 300mb and general memory usage is much lower.

The high memory usage remains even when there are no workflows being run on the server.  This seems to be causing an issue at busy times for example during the morning, and I have received reports of memory allocation errors when running a workflow at these times.

Is the high memory usage for AlteryxMetrics.exe on a Worker server normal?

Hope you can help, not sure how to proceed aside from requesting the server to be restarted.

Many thanks

Neil

2 REPLIES 2
dougperez
12 - Quasar

Can you share some screenshots of the problem? I don't think that is a normal behavior.
I would try to restart the server, delete temp files and scan the server for any anomalies, including viruses

ClaraLin
7 - Meteor

I also has issue with AlteryxMetrics.exe.  I would log on to company network, before I even start Alteryx Designer, AlteryxMetrics would already appear as Suspended in Task Manager, and prevent Alteryx Designer from starting.