Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx workflows source and target table details

lagisettya
7 - Meteor

We have 120 workflows and want to find out source and target tables of all the workflows.  Can you please guide us how to extract workflows source and target tables details.

5 REPLIES 5
DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I assume you're looking to identify the database tables the workflows are reading from and writing to?

You can do this by loading the alteryx workflow file as a txt file with \0 delimiter and parse it with xml parse tools or an xml parse macro. You can then look what to search for in the results to find the configuration of the input and output data tools.

You should read the yxmd file as a delimited text file with \0 as delimiter.

DavidP_0-1588086329682.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi [at-mention author],

As a leader in the Alteryx Community, I have the ability to identify & mark accepted solutions on behalf of community members - and recently did so on this thread. If you have any questions or concerns with the solution(s) I selected please let me know by replying to this post.

As the original author, you also have the ability to mark replies as solutions! Going forward, I’d encourage you to identify the solution or solutions that helped you solve your problem, as it's a big help to other community members. Learn more about Accepted Solutions here.

Thank you!

Dan

fmcrashid
6 - Meteoroid

Opened wf with \0 is okay but getting error when parse xml.  Any suggestions?

fmcrashid_0-1637248937883.png

fmcrashid_1-1637249008938.png

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @fmcrashid,

Sorry for only getting back to this now.

To get around it, I skipped the first row and then checked the setting in the XML Parse tool to ignore XML errors

DavidP_0-1640167484398.png 

DavidP_1-1640167505513.png

DavidP
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

One other thing you might want to look at is the Parse XML macro in the public Alteryx Gallery.

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Parse-XML/584b5589f499c704689e363b