Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx workflow to create database connection in alteryx gallery

hardikkanabar
6 - Meteoroid

I have a use case where we need to update the database credentials from a Password vault. I have a alteryx macro which can fetch the password from the vault but i am now looking at updating the database connection in the alteryx gallery/ mongo db using an alteryx workflow. This will allow us to dynamically update the connection string and bring more controls.

2 REPLIES 2
TrevorS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello @hardikkanabar

Can you please provide your workflow and what steps you have attempted so far?

This will help the community greatly to determine where you are needing further assistance!

Thanks,
TrevorS

Community Moderator
hardikkanabar
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Trevor, Just saw your response.

I am not allowed to share the workflows outside my firm. However, what i am trying to do is a mentioned below:

1. Pull the password from an Enterprise Password Vault (EPV) for a functional ID using a Macro created by our ACE partner (Jason Mack).

2. Now i have the credentials (FID and PW) but now i have to update the database connections that we have created in our Mongo Database with the updated credentials. That way no one has access to the PW and the connection string gets updated with revised credentials.

3. This way from the technology controls the Password of a functional id are saved in a (EPV) and then we can create a alteryx app to fetch all the Credentials from a vault and have an automated process to update all the connection strings with their revised credentials.

Hope that helps.

Happy to have a call as this is going to be of great use.

Rgds,

hardik kanabar