Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx workflow historical output files

joannasokolowska
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask you for help with the following solution. I uploaded a workflow on the alteryx server and I would like to have access to ALL excel outputs from my workflow. There is a limit on the alteryx server as this is not the storage so please let me know what tool/solution I should I add to my workflow so I can:

- store the workflow on the alteryx server (I have scheduled refresh)

and

- have access to ALL versions (excel outputs) from this workflow (I run it everyday) 

The output (excel) from the workflow is saved on the network drive and the connection/port is open between drive and the alteryx server. 

Thanks,

Asia

2 REPLIES 2
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @joannasokolowska 

Looks like you are nearly there! First step is to output the excel files to a shared/network drive. Then I would recommend dynamically create that days date and add it to the output file name so that the files don't get overwritten. 

I would recommend reading through my friend @MarqueeCrew 's response to this topic here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Datestamp-to-Ouput-File-name/m-p/25993... 

I think that should help you, let us know if you get stuck,

Joshua

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
joannasokolowska
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much! It works 🙂