Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx server and SharePoint.

prpatel
11 - Bolide

I'm finally able to put a workflow (that contains a SharePoint connector) from my computer to my Alteryx server with no issues.

I resolved this by installing the SharePoint add-in on the server version of designer using this post as a guide: https://help.alteryx.com/20201/server/install-custom-tools

Now when I go to run the workflow I get the following issue...Failed to authenticate....see screenshot below....

prpatel_0-1655584302602.png

Does anyone out there know how to resolve this?

I think I have to tell our SharePoint servers not to worry about authentication of this Alteryx server when the authentication is called for, but is there a different way around this?

-prpatel

4 REPLIES 4
Tiffyyy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @prpatel ,

Looks like someone had similar issue as you, you may following these steps:

If you're trying to run a workflow on Server that had embedded credentials (such as SharePoint Files), there is a registry setting that is needed.  

The SharePoint Files connector is a Python-based connector, so it will require the following registry key to exist in both the end users machine as well as each worker node on the server.   

• Type regedit in Windows Start Menu 
  • Browse to the folder location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx 
  • Right click and select New > String Value 

Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\SRC\Alteryx 
Value Name: PythonAllowHideEncryption 
Value Data: true 

Once this key has been added, the user would need to reauthenticate the tool on his workflow in Designer and republish the workflow to gallery

Source of article : https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Error-Failed-to-authenticate-SharePoin...

Hope it helps.

prpatel
11 - Bolide

@Tiffyyy 

A better way do hooking up to SharePoint is to sync the folder to your OneDrive, then then don't use the SharePoint tool but use the data input tool.  Then connect to the file as you would if were on your laptop.

I tried that route and even set a schedule to run every hour.  the output was a Tableau .hyper file.  so far over the past 48 hours, it has been working great.

the solution you provided requires me to interact with IT team who question every little thing I need to do with my computer 😭

Nithinpanicker
8 - Asteroid

Hi @prpatel,

I have been having a similar issue. I have all my inputs saved to a teams channel which I have synced to my system. The problem I have is the workflow works fine when running it from designer from my system but when I upload to the server, I keep running into errors like cannot access the folder. I would like the outputs to be also be in the same teams channels.

Could you give me some more insight on what you did to have it running in server?

Thanks and regards,

Nithin Panicker

prpatel
11 - Bolide

follow the post from tiffyyy above.  Do this for the local machine as well as the machine that is hosting your server.

-prpatel.