Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx overwrite yxdb not working in Gallery

Jonnyldn
5 - Atom

I have designed a workflow to overwrite a yxdb file with new data (with earlier data combined) in the output data tool. It works in designer but when I uploaded to Gallery, the workflow doesn't  overwrite automatically. Instead, it pop up an an option to select file type and download. Does anyone know why and how to fix? 

2 REPLIES 2
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Jonnyldn - You need to change the path in your Output Data tool to a full UNC. Try this before saving your workflow to your Gallery: Options > Advanced Options > Workflow Dependencies. Then press Edit location of your yxdb output, press "Relative" and "OK". Then you can save your workflow to the Gallery.

ArtApa_0-1618550834163.png

KOBoyle
11 - Bolide

Hi @ArtApa

I have a related question. I have an Output tool configured to burst multiple, separate Excel files (not tabs) to a UNC folder (\\<server>\share\<path>\<burst file>.xlsx|||<tab name>). The workflow runs successfully in Designer and writes the output files directly to the UNC location. The Output tool configuration is based on this thread:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Output-to-separate-Excel-files/ta-p...

When I create an App, save to Gallery and run, I get a list of the files with an option to select the file type for each and download, similar to what was described on this thread, but for multiple Excel files. I want the output to write the files directly to the specified UNC location with no output or action required in Gallery.

When I try your solution (details below), it does not work for this use case. Can you tell me if it should or another method to accomplish this requirement?

Thanks,
Ken

Gallery Output:

Gallery Output.jpg

Designer Workflow:

Takes data from a single Excel file and writes to multiple, separate Excel files.

Designer Workflow.jpg

Gallery App:

Interface added to allow for Input file selection.

Requirement: configure Output tool, workflow dependencies so the Gallery app writes the files to the UNC location with no action required by the user.

Gallery App.jpg

Per your response on this thread, I took the following actions:

1. Replaced %temp% with a full, default UNC folder in Write to File or Database 

2. In Designer workflow dependencies, selected Edit for the Output tool and set to 'Relative'

3. Saved workflow to Gallery

Output Config.jpg