Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx desktop output different from Alteryx gallery output - Same workflow

aileenr
7 - Meteor

When I run an Alteryx workflow on my desktop and use the "Output Data" to publish to an excel file on my desktop then I get all of my data.

However when I publish the same exact workflow to the Alteryx Gallery and run it then I have records that are missing. I can't seem to find a common factor for the missing records. They seem to just be random. But I don't understand why the same exact workflow runs great on my desktop.

I use Tableau to pull up the data for both and get different results.

9 REPLIES 9
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@aileenr,

That feature sounds very interesting.  Can you please try output to a CSV and see if you get the correct results?  

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
aileenr
7 - Meteor

yes,

When I Output to a CVS I get the correct results.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@aileenr,

That makes everything clear.  It is a Microsoft issue. That isn't truly helpful though.  If the excel file is set to overwrite Sheet (Drop), I can't imagine why it is missing data.  If it were append to existing sheet, I could see an issue.  Is it possible that there are HIDDEN rows set in your workbook?  Have you considered Overwrite File (Remove) if this is the only sheet?

Cheers,

Mark

aileenr
7 - Meteor

The workflow is pulling from Microsoft SQL Server so there shouldn't be any hidden rows

And the output data writes to another SQL Server

28-01-2019 10-16-07.png

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I thought that you said you were reading and writing to Excel.  My apologies.

We determined that the output CSV files were equal.  Have you tried to load those CSV contents to the SQL table?

Cheers,

Mark

aileenr
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I am using "Connect in DB" and then the workflow pushing it to the SQL Server, and using tableau to connect to the SQL Server and pushing that Data Source to my Tableau Server.

Are you saying that I output it to a CSV file and then 28-01-2019 10-38-54.pngpush it to the SQL Server?

dwarakanathd
5 - Atom

I encountered the same issue, 
I published a tableau data source as output from my Alteryx workflow and the output is different when executed on Desktop and when run on Alteryx server.

On further investigation, in my case the Alteryx server output has made some of my measures(numbers) into string values. Where as from desktop the measures are numbers.

Please let me know where the glitch is and if you have a solution for it.

tanyaz
6 - Meteoroid

@dwarakanathd did you get this issue resolved? I'm having the same issue where the output file headers running from the server change and impacting the Tableau dashboards.  However, running on desktop the field names stay consistent.  I can't determine the reason and the solution.  Thanks

sfyodor
7 - Meteor

Hi all, has there been any updates or did anyone find the way to resolve? I am also having an issue with different outputs in designer vs the gallery. Gallery is giving wrong output.