Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx app fails for user only on first try

jstewart
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

We have an interesting situation where an Alteryx app ran in Gallery will fail for a given user but only for the first try. When trying after the first try it will work from there on. The app will read in a .CSV file and depending on some questions will export another .csv file. All workflow dependencies are converted to  is converted to Full UNC paths. 

jstewart_0-1576096067978.png

Cheers, 

Jack

4 REPLIES 4
j_acon
9 - Comet

Just a theory,

Seems is trying to connect to the drive on the first. the connection is not established and it doesn't wait for the connection to be completed. One the second try the connection has already been established from the request of the first execution.

jstewart
7 - Meteor

This does sound like it could be a thing but what to do about it? I have noticed the process creates some local files for temporary work space where this could be happening I have recently noticed that for a few folks it does work the firs time but is not common. This makes me think it could be related to Designer install or settings?

DiganP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@jstewart Does the server have access to the network drive? What is the run-as user permission set up as? Does that user have access to the drive?

@j_acon could be correct as well depending on the setup.

Digan
Alteryx
j_acon
9 - Comet

Did you try making a mapped network drive? They should keep the connection alive.