Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Workspace .tmp file error

sandeep_chayanam
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

Any of you have come accross the below error when a workflow is scheduled on the server , know why we get this error & how to resolve it ?

I can tell that this is not due to the disk space.. Perhaps this is related to the persistence of the .tmp file on the server workspace during the workflow execution ?

Record #15: Tool #80: Error creating the file "D:\Altertx_Workspace\Engine\Engine_3640_f42675bcda884b99959da278826ad462_\Engine_4588_6f3c1847628e45afb2593adda8d96b4d_.tmp": The system cannot find the path specified.

Any views on this are appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

5 REPLIES 5
s_pichaipillai
12 - Quasar

@sandeep_chayanam

does "D:\Altertx_Workspace\Engine" exists on the server?

sandeep_chayanam
8 - Asteroid

Yes,Of course!

sandeep_chayanam
8 - Asteroid

Ignore the typo in my original post...Workspace<Alteryx_Workspace> folder exists on the server..

below is the error:

"D:\Alteryx_Workspace\Engine\Engine_3640_f42675bcda884b99959da278826ad462_\Engine_4588_6f3c1847628e45afb2593adda8d96b4d_.tmp": The system cannot find the path specified.

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Sandeep,

I came across this error the other day at a client and was able to resolve it with permissions. I can't guarantee that this will solve the issue, but it did for the client I was working with. Check out that the user who runs the scheduler has full control over the Engine folder (Right-Click > Properties > Security), then try dialling the security back slowly once you have it working.

Kane 

sandeep_chayanam
8 - Asteroid

Hi Kane,

Thanks for your reply. Folder permissions is not an issue in my case because the user who runs the scheduler got full access (adminstrator) on the server.

Thanks,

Sandeep.