Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Service not starting up

swatis
5 - Atom

I have installed an Alteryx Server license and am trying to set up a schedule for the first time. I do not have a multi node environment. However, despite setting up the System Settings as recommended, I am unable to see the 'Local Machine' in the Controller drop down and can't set up a schedule.

Also, the Alteryx Service fails to start with an 

"Windows could not start the Alteryx Service service on Local Computer.
Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion." Error.

How can I proceed?

4 REPLIES 4
JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @swatis

Can you take a look at the LastStartupError.txt written at failure. This can be found in C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\LastStartupError.txt

Please also check the following:

Failed to register Service URL (5)  Please contact your Systems Administrator to ensure that port 80 is unused and open for inbound connections and verify that the Alteryx Service is not already running on this system.”

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

swatis
5 - Atom

Hi Jordan,

I do not see a Service directory under C:\ProgramData\Alteryx and neither am I able to start the service. I am logged in as an Administrator to the box.

I do see that port 80 has been taken up some other service. Is there a way I can make Alteryx service work on a different port than 80? 

JordanB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @swatis

You can use this article to change the port however, we wouldn't recommend this as best practice. 

In your Alteryx Server System Settings you should be able to find where you are logging for the service. It will be in the controller>>general tab.

Best,

Jordan Barker

Solutions Consultant

swatis
5 - Atom

Hey Jordan,

Thanks for the inputs.

My problem seemed to be a different one. I was able to set-up the scheduler by changing my Setup Type to Designer or Scheduler Only instead of 'Custom'. This got the Alteryx service to start automatically and I could schedule the workflow.

Thanks,

Swati Sinha