Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Service Not Starting

Ajeeva
5 - Atom

Hi 

I recently upgraded to 2018.1 server version. After this upgrade am not able to start Alteryx service. Anyone came across this error message?

4 REPLIES 4
Jay_dup_148
7 - Meteor

I had an issue starting the service after upgrading because my server didn't have access to the internet and the new licensing process was timing out trying to verify over the internet. These are the steps support gave me and it worked. This probably won't apply if your server has access to the internet.

1. In Registry Editor, locate, and then right-click the following registry subkey:
    1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
  2. Point to New and click DWORD Value.
  3. In the right pane of Registry Editor a new value named New Value #1 will appear.
  4. Type: ServicesPipeTimeout to rename New Value #1, and then press ENTER.
  5. Right-click the ServicesPipeTimeout registry entry that was just created and choose Modify.
  6. The Edit DWORD Value dialog box will appear.
  7. Change Base to Decimal.
  8. In the Value data text box, type <TimeoutPeriod>, where TimeoutPeriod is the amount of time allowed for the service to start (150000), and then click OK.
  9. Finally, restart the machine. 
LilianH
6 - Meteoroid

I had the same issue with my Alteryx Services timing out and the steps listed above did the trick for me. Thanks for sharing, Jay!

respino8
5 - Atom

Hi Jay,

Did all the steps you provided. Still not working for me. Still got this error:

"Windows could not start the Alteryx Service service on Local Computer

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion."

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Jay_dup_148
7 - Meteor

The only other thing I would suggest is increasing the value you put in for the DWORD value as you still may be timing out. If that doesn't work I would contact support.