Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Server schedule disabling when uploading new WF version

kmedici
8 - Asteroid

Hi guys,

I've set up a schedule to my workflow on Alteryx Server but it disables itself when I save a new version of the same workflow. To confirm, I'm using the 'replace workflow' feature. 

After reading a few community posts, I can't see anyone else with an issue like this. Does anybody know why this happening and how it can be prevented? 

FYI, I'm using my own credentials to set up the schedule instead of the service account's because I'm just testing the scheduling function at the moment.

Thanks
Kris

2 REPLIES 2
mbarone
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

How are you opening your workflow in Designer?  Do you navigate to it through File, Open Workflow, [Your Gallery]?  If so, it should open the exact workflow in Designer, you can make your changes and just click "save".  That works fine for me.  How does it disable it?  Do you no longer see a next run time in Gallery?  Any screenshots of the schedule as it appears in Gallery?

raychase
11 - Bolide

This is the expected behavior with workflow-level security (ie. workflow-level run-as users).  It's a bit of a nuisance, but it's basically engrained in all of our developers that a new version necessitates a re-enablement of the existing schedule(s) for that particular workflow.