Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server - Wildcard input not working

AndrewKwast
7 - Meteor

I'm trying to upload a workflow from Designer to Server. When I save it to the Gallery, it gives me an error message "file not found" when using a *.xlsx wildcard character for an ambiguous file name. However, the same workflow works in Server if I reference the file name directly! But when I switch to usingthe wildcard character *.xlsx, it gives this error message. Why is this happening? Is there a way to use the wildcard character when inputting files in a workflow on Server?

Wildcard Data Input Error Server.png

5 REPLIES 5
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@AndrewKwast,

This is the type of post that I would rather watch than seeing a single obfuscated photo of.  If the same workflow runs on server and the concern is that the error message displays, then you can STOP (uncheck) the action during the SAVE to "Validate workflow then save" that is available in the WORKFLOW ACTIONS dropdown.  When I define EXCEL searches, it would look like:  *.xlsx|||Sheet1.

A little more information would be helpful.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
AndrewKwast
7 - Meteor

Let me try to clarify the issue. It seems to me that this is a Server issue specifically. Also note: I'm required to and currently use v11.8 only.

Below is a screenshot of the workflow I run. This workflow runs without any errors when I run it in Alteryx Designer.

Workflow Wildcard Error.PNG

The issue occurs when I try to save the workflow to Server. I go to File > Save As > My Company's Gallery.

Server Upload Settings.PNG

"Validate workflow then save" is already checked. When I click "Save" I get the error message saying "Tool 1 - File Not Found".

I tried this exact same workflow without the wildcard character, i.e. specifying the file name directly, and the workflow successfully saved to Server.

Is this normal for Server to get errors when using wildcard characters? I don't know why I'm getting this issue.

AndrewKwast
7 - Meteor

Thank you @MarqueeCrew 

The issue was that the input needed to reference the UNC path.

This can be resolved at Options > Advanced Options > Workflow Dependencies > All UNC >  Ok.

ChaitanyaReddy
6 - Meteoroid

Hi i tried by giving UNC path but it is not showing in workflow assets that excel itself . can you please help me with the solution?

su-lee
5 - Atom

Was this every resolved? I'm running into the same issue.