Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Server Usage Report

raychase
11 - Bolide

Hello,

I am attempting to track a few metrics for my company's Alteryx Server.  I have downloaded the Alteryx Server Usage Report workflow and successfully ran it.  I am looking at the data in Tableau, and I am trying to figure out what some of the columns actually mean.

Two of the metrics that I am most interested in tracking are:

- total # of workflows that exist on Gallery

- total # of workflows ran on Gallery

From my exploration of the data, I have outlined a few potentially useful columns to visualize the data.  Please advise if I am mistaken.

- Application Id: 1 id per workflow, so countd of this column should be total workflows that exist

- Job Id: 1 id per workflow run, so countd of this column should be total wokflows that have been run

Unfortunately, there is a column for Total Run Count, which does not match the value for countd of Job Id.  This confuses me.

Can someone provide some suggestions on which fields I should be using to properly track these two metrics?  I'm also interested in tracking the dates that the jobs are run on.  I have identified "Run Date" and "Result ExecutionStartTime" as potential columns with relevant date/time data.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I'm not sure I can offer you advice here as it's not something I have used before.

However, I'm thinking that perhaps the differnece is down to versioning.

I.e. One of those sets of metrics is counting the runs and number of workflows including all historical versions, and the other set is focused on only the active versions of each workflow.

I could be completely off and I'd too be interested to know.