Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server Usage Report - Setting a date range

neil480
5 - Atom

Hi,

Is it possible to set a date range on the Server Usage Report, if so how could I do this?  The report is about 5GB in size and it is expanding every month.  I would like to add a date range to the report so I could run it for the past 30 days or 7 days. 

Many thanks

Neil

7 REPLIES 7
JustinBabbitt
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @neil480 

It is possible to modify the server usage reports, although it can be tricky. At my previous company, I was able to modify to allow us to select a date range and collection to quantify how our teams were utilizing the Gallery. 

This is set up like an APP with the MongoDB connections and Reporting within a macro. You will need to set up the Macro to allow for the filtering of dates, then add the UI tools to both the Macro and App. 

If you have any questions or would like help please let me know how I can help. 

Thanks, 

Justin 

Justin Babbitt
VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @neil480,

I have adapted the original Server Usage Report. 

Note. This is not the most optimal way to filter the data (because I accommodate a filter until the end)

Here the changes I made so that you can adapt yours

All the tools in yellow were added to the Macro: Alteryx_Server_Usage_Report

VianneyM_1-1585158475791.png

As you can see is a simple filter after the output #1 of the Tableau Output Container 

Filter contains this formula:

DateTimeDiff(DateTimeNow(),[Job_CreationDateTime],"Days") < 30

Also added some interface tools (To replicate what you already have when you select the PDF output)

This is how now the workflow looks like

VianneyM_2-1585158736911.png

attached is the .yxzp file so that you can see my changes. I use the version 2020.1.2

Let me know if you have any questions

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
neil480
5 - Atom

Perfect.  Thank you both for your replies.  I'll run the report today.  🙂

adarsh2707
8 - Asteroid

Hi @VianneyM 

This was very informative. Just have a doubt

How to get a text field on selecting Tableau. I am stuck with only this 

adarsh2707_0-1667793375985.png

Can you please help me on this 

VianneyM
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @adarsh2707 ,

The text field is generated when you update your server usage report workflow and add a text box tool.

If you want to try the server usage report selecting with a date range for the tableau report, use the workflow I have uploaded to the thread. 

Best,

Vianney

Best,
Vianney
adarsh2707
8 - Asteroid

Hi @VianneyM 

I haver added the text box tool in the macro 

But I still dont see it. Do I need to run it updating the macro and only then it appears ?

adarsh2707
8 - Asteroid

@VianneyM 

I was able to implement it now and I added 7 days into the text field 

but the data still consists of data for more than 7 days 
For example, in the scheduled jobs information - I saw the data is coming for even jobs created in 2021 when it should be just for the last week. Am I missing something here