Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server Upgrade from 11.5 to 2018.2 + Steps to Follow + Known Issues

ritutyagi2104
7 - Meteor

Hi,

We are planning to upgrade Alteryx version from 11.5 to 2018.2 on server. I am interested in getting following information:

1. What are the steps we need to follow to upgrade to 2018.2 version on "Server"? Are there any additional steps which need to be performed specific to version 2018.2 on server?

2. Are there any known issues which were faced while upgrading to 2018.2 ?

3. Are there any known issues existing with 2018.2 version which we need to be aware of?

Thanks & Regards,

Ritu Tyagi

6 REPLIES 6
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @ritutyagi2104

You just need to make sure you have your new licence key first (the licences changed after 11.7)

Once you have that, back up your mongodb, run the installers, pat yourself on the back. It's that easy.

A list of known issues can be found here: https://help.alteryx.com/ReleaseNotes/Server/Server_2018.2.htm

JohnBell
8 - Asteroid

Hi Ritu,

We are doing the same...upgrading soon from 11.5 to 2018.2.

Please let me know if it's really as easy as Neil mentioned.

I was hoping to get documentation as well.

Regards,

tdipietra
6 - Meteoroid

@JohnBell... It is as easy as Neil said.  Recently upgraded from v11.7 to v2018.2 with no issues.  Followed the process for the v2018.1 install / upgrade.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Alteryx-Server-2018-2-Download/td-p/1850...

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Alteryx-Install-Wizard-2018-1/ta-p/159412

JohnBell
8 - Asteroid

@tdipietra, @ritutyagi2104, @LordNeilLord

We are also upgrading Tableau, and our Tableau team is creating a "test instance", and doing UAT, before they put the upgraded version in production.

Is that necessary for upgrading Alteryx from 11.5 to 2018.2?  Based on LNL's comments it doesn't seem necessary.

Also, what downtime are we talking about while upgrading in Alteryx?

Thanks!

John

tdipietra
6 - Meteoroid

@JohnBell

For my use case, it wasn't necessary to create a test environment and perform UAT prior to the upgrade. I planned on about an hour of downtime and had the upgrade completed well within that time frame.

JohnBell
8 - Asteroid

@tdipietra, @ritutyagi2104, @LordNeilLord

Thanks for all your help...

One question came up:

1) Is there a way to massively convert all the current Alteryx workflows (version 11.5) to produce the ".hyper" file replacing the ".tde" extension for all the outputs to Tableau?

After we make the upgrade, we don't want to have the users go in their workflows and make the changes manually.

2) How did you guys handle this?

Thanks!

John