Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Server: Scheduling dependencies

JavaGirl
7 - Meteor

I've been away from Alteryx for awhile and now coming back into the workspace after 2 years of using SSIS.  I'm happy to be back utilizing Alteryx! 

When i last left Alteryx, we could only schedule dependencies using a third party download called Crew Macro.  The other option available that could be used was chaining. 

Can someone tell me if Alteryx Server/Alteryx Scheduler capabilities have been updated to have its own functionality to schedule dependencies or if Crew Macro is still required for this type of functionality. 

Also, if Crew Macro still used, can you tell me if pros and cons of using this feature?  If memory is correct, i thought there might be an issue with Crew Macro and Alteryx Server....   

I would love to be able to chat with someone who has designed and scheduled jobs to run with dependencies.  

Thank you,

2 REPLIES 2
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @JavaGirl ,

The crew macros are very useful for workflows not published in the Gallery, so you can have a workflow published in the gallery with crew macros calling workflows saved in folders, but if the idea was to have everything published in the gallery, there isn't still an easy way of doing it.

The available options would be to have chain apps or to use the gallery APIs to call apps also. The chain app is the easier one available right now.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

JavaGirl
7 - Meteor

@fmvizcaino  Thank you so much for confirming and sharing your information with me.  That's not the best news - 🍻 cheers to chaining..  

I wasn't sure if chaining had to be in an analytic app..  But I will definitely give it a try!  

Thank again!  

JavaGirl