Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server Publishing Activity Report

ShrikantPatil
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

wondering if there is any way to get the info from the Server to see how many workflows have been published by each user on the Gallery and details around it like, date published, workflows ran last time etc.

Thanks,

Shrikant

7 REPLIES 7
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ShrikantPatil this post discusses retrieving usage data from the server and instructions to set it up.

ShrikantPatil
7 - Meteor

Many thanks @JosephSerpis . I will check the article and get back to you.

ShrikantPatil
7 - Meteor

Hi @JosephSerpis , I have logged in to the Licensing portal as mentioned in the article but not sure where I could find the Usage Report app. Would you mind pointing me right direction in case you know before I reach out to Support.

Thanks,

Shrikant

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ShrikantPatil the Usage Report  is in Alteryx Products - Alteryx Server as shown in the screenshot below. If you can't see Alteryx Server as an option then reach out to your license admin in your organisation as it comes standard with Alteryx Server.  

Usage_Report_13072020.JPG

ShrikantPatil
7 - Meteor

Thank you very much @JosephSerpis  I was able to download the fie. I believe I have to save it as .yxzp file and import it into the Designer, correct?  The designer successfully imports the file but it doesnt do anything afterwards. How do I open the workflow?

Thanks,
Shrikant 

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ShrikantPatil you need to download and unzip that file on the machine that hosts the Alteryx server and open up the workflow on Alteryx designer on the server machine and then follow the instructions on this post to get the credentials then you can publish directly onto your server.

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

Just to add, in a multi-Node environment, we run the report on the Controller Node.  That is because MongoDB is on the controller node.  There is a way to run from a Worker Node but you need the controller IP to set up the connection(s) to MongoDB.