Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Server - Outputting to .xlsm

Charles_
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I have a pretty standard workflow to pull data, manipulate, email out the results and output the data to a .xlsm document, with macros to run certain tasks for the user.

When I run this using the desktop version of Alteryx (10.5) this runs fine without any issues.

However, when this is loaded onto our dev & cert servers (10.6) the data does not sucesfully overwrite the .xlsm file (as it's set up to do) so all the old data is there from when I ran it locally, although no errors are thrown on the server so the emails are still sent out (which contain the correct data). When I disable the macros and change the file type to .xlsx and load this back onto the servers this runs fine and the data is outputted as expected.

Is there a known issue with the Alteryx Dev/Cert servers not being able to output data to .xlsm, but has no problem outputting to .xlsx?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Charles_,

Do you have same behaviour if you build a simple workflow that only write a record to a XLSM file and schedule it on Alteryx Server (10.6)?

Could you share your workflow with me?

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

Customer Support Engineer

cam_w
11 - Bolide

@Charles_  and @PaulN 

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm hitting (almost?) exactly the same issue, except I'm using 2019.1 on both Designer and Server products.

My XLSM file has 3 worksheets, 2 of which are written correctly every day, but the third worksheet (which actually is the second one i.e. is internally referred to as Sheet2) will be blank 60-80% of the time. The Server shows me that the App completed successfully, and the output results shows that all records were written to the to file correctly. It's only when I open the file (or look at the file size) that I can see that the worksheet is still blank.

Should I reach out via email to resolve? I've tried all kinds of 'tricks' to fix the issue.