Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server Error Monitoring

jmelik
8 - Asteroid

I'm looking to create a custom workflow to monitor scheduled jobs on the server that cause and Error. This is outside of using the events email notifications. In the Alteryx Service MongoDB and I can't locate how workflow errors are captured in the database. The closest I can find, the AS_Queue collection has a Status column, but even if a workflow ends in an error, this column is stating, "Complete." 

Two questions:

1) Does anyone know how to identify workflow errors in MongoDB 

2) Would it make sense to propose having the Status column in AS_Queue say something other than "Complete," in the event of a failure.

4 REPLIES 4
MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@jmelik 

1) The workflow status data is stored in the Service data blob within the AS_Queue collection. We provide a pre-canned Server Usage Report workflow which you can download from https://downloads.alteryx.com under Alteryx Server. When you look at the embedded macro, this queries the AS_Queue collection to extract Job IDs and then uses these to parse the service data to get the workflow run status - AlteryxResultCode. 

CodeStatus
0Success
1Warning
2Error

result-code.png

2) I agree that it would make sense to have the status available directly in Mongo. It might be worth submitting it as a Product Idea via our suggestion board.

jmelik
8 - Asteroid

This is perfect, thank you!

AijajShaikh2021
7 - Meteor

Hello,

Could you please upload workflow to test on Alteryx Server.

agomoll
7 - Meteor

Hi, 

It appears that the Status field in the AS_Queue collection is now outputting 'Complete', 'Error', or 'Running' (at least for my workflow). How is the error designation assigned? Is this different from how errors are recorded in the Service Data BLOB?

Thanks in advance