Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server Error - Internal error - Unable to delete test temp file

lyuzhongkun
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I am using Excel to get some information and then append the data to the same Excel file in a different tab. I have added a block until Done tool in order to avoid read and write conflict. This method works fine in Desktop but when I publish it into the Alteryx Server(Gallery), an Internal error - Unable to delete test temp file! shows up.

Do you know why it happens and how to solve it?

Thanks,

Arc

10 REPLIES 10
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@lyuzhongkun - Not sure what is causing the error you get. But if it is possible at this point, you could use a different approach to create the excel file and its multiple tabs using a single Render output tool. Attached is an example for your ready reference.

AbhilashR_0-1585344592900.png

lyuzhongkun
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for your reply. Due to my worksheet has ten tabs but only need to update one of them, so I don't think it could be the best solution for me. Is there any other solution you can provide?

Thanks,

Arc

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi Arc, I built a simple workflow to read from Sheet1  of the excel file, and wrote back to TEST tab with a Block Until Done tool between them, and it worked. The setup of which looks something like this:

AbhilashR_0-1585694013900.png

Can you confirm if your setup looks similar? 

lyuzhongkun
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Abhilash,

The only difference is the updated value procedure. We use some Crew Marco refresh results as the input to append into the same excel with different tab. But overall the process is the same.

Arc

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi Arc, could you share a sample solution for us to look at? It will better help us debug.

lyuzhongkun
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Abhilash,

Again this is relate to the Alteryx Gallery. And I appreciate your help and other options to append.

I attach the necessary and a simplified workflow.

When I save it on the gallery the error message show up and the Excel doesn't refresh.

Thanks,

Arc

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi Arc, I tested your sample solution on my Gallery as is, and it worked fine without errors. 

Maybe try reaching Alteryx support folks through the Virtual Solutions Center service. They might be able to help dig deeper.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Virtual-Solution-Center/tkb-p/vsc

lyuzhongkun
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Abhilash. I am setting up the meeting via VSC. Thanks for your help! Arc

jtorana
5 - Atom

Hi Arc, 

Did you find the solution to this? I am getting the same error message. Using Desktop version the workflow works fine, but once it runs on the gallery I get the error.

Thank you