Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Server - Data connections

KanakaMohan
6 - Meteoroid

In our environment we have controller, worker node & gallery nodes running on separate machines.

When users publish & schedules their workflow onto gallery node, the data source connections( used in workflow) to source & target databases(Ex: Oracle) will they get initiated from Gallery node, worker node or controller node ? The reason I ask is our source/target databases are behind firewall and I want to request port open between the Alterxy node machines and database. But I'm not sure from which node(gallery or controller or worker) will the connection originate to user mentioned database.

Thanks,

KM

1 REPLY 1
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @KanakaMohan - On the Server, the connections go out from the Worker component.

Here is a high-level architecture:

ArtApa_0-1613036221313.png

The Gallery component is a web-based application that allows users to publish, share, and execute workflows and apps in a browser.

The Controller acts as an orchestrator of workflow executions and is responsible for the management of the service settings and the delegation of work to the Alteryx Service Workers.

The Worker contains an instance of the Engine and is responsible for executing the workflows.