Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Server Connection

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

We are trying to connect to the other network drive. Is it possible to connect it to the Alteryx Server because we are encountering an issue that we are trying to connect to the other drive but the Alteryx Server Gallery can't find the path. Is there a way to connect it. Is it possible to map that network drive to the Alteryx Admin Server Remote Connection ?. because I think if we mapped that network drive to the Alteryx Admin it will read in the Alteryx Gallery Server. Is there anyone tried to used other network drive?.

Thank you!

Arjun.

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @arjundelara ,

I am not sure if I am completely understanding what you mean but you should be able to map the network drive to the Alteryx Server and use it afterwards as a way to store and process files with no issues. I have done it multiple times and no problems at all. 

I would recommend you talking to your IT department and be sure that the server as well as the user that access the server have both in the end access to the network drive. It works with both, as UNC and mapped drive.

Kind Regards,

Prime Analytics Loves Alteryx

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @arjundelara ,

Not sure if you are already working with UNC paths on your server, if not, please take a look at this KB.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Workflow-Dependencies/ta-p/49696

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hello @afv2688,

This our first time connecting the data in other network drive. Before we are using the network drive from the Alteryx Admin Remote Desktop Connection. We are now trying to give an access to the user name that used in Alteryx Admin to try if it will connect to the other Network Drive.

Thank you @afv2688 .

Highly Appreciated  

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hi @fmvizcaino ,

We'll look on this and be back for the result,

Thank you so much!