Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Server Auto-Packaging Problem, even though I am un-ticking a file to be packaged

jm00445
5 - Atom

I am using Alteryx Server and I am used to packaging/ unpackaging file paths etc in workflows. I am having an issue with a particular file when I try to save the workflow to the server. I believe the file was accidentally packaged in the past and now there is a config or something in the background that won't let me save this file non packaged. Even in the final stages of saving to the server, I unclick the box to package the file and yet it still automatically packages. I have tried to delete the file in the server file system as it is stored in _externals folder on the server but then it recreates this file in this location even though I am trying to route to a Z drive, I have also tried copy and pasting the entire workflow into a new location and re-saving it and that didn't work. Does anyone have any idea to delete the config or setting that is automatically packaging this file or know how to solve this problem?

Without deleting the file, this is the error message I receive:

jm00445_0-1596102891934.jpeg

And when I delete this file and resave, then it automatically saves back to this location again, even though I am mapping to this location:

jm00445_1-1596102891939.jpeg

And I am unticking when saving :

jm00445_3-1596102983806.png

1 REPLY 1
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Have you tried replacing "Z:\" with the UNC path?