Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Server 24.1 : no email adress for admin, which functionalities are off?

simonaubert_bd
Púlsar

Hello all,

I have installed for training purposes an alteryx server with built-in authentication. Since I hadn't the smtp config, I let it blank.

Right now, I have this message on the gallery :

You must confirm your email address used to set up your account before certain functionality is available to you.

2024-07-14 11_46_09-vm-sud-bo.westeurope.cloudapp.azure.com ‎- Bureau à distance.png

Ok, that's related, that makes sense, etc.. but what are those functionalities? Any ideas?

Best regards,

Simon

3 RESPUESTAS 3
simonaubert_bd
Púlsar

Got my first : upload workflow

2024-07-14 12_05_41-vm-sud-bo.westeurope.cloudapp.azure.com ‎- Bureau à distance.png

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @simonaubert_bd ,

Great question; I don`t remember ever seeing this info anywhere.

Not sure if you need this info, but if other community users are struggling with this message and doesn`t have an SMTP, you can use Mailjet, it is free and super easy to configure. Another option is to replace the validation flag inside your mongoDB to 'force' the validation.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

simonaubert_bd
Púlsar

Hello @fmvizcaino 

Thanks for your constructive answer. I found another turnaroud :
2024-07-14 12_04_53-vm-sud-bo.westeurope.cloudapp.azure.com ‎- Bureau à distance.png

2024-07-14 12_07_17-vm-sud-bo.westeurope.cloudapp.azure.com ‎- Bureau à distance.png

Sounds weird but it seems to work. However, I still have no idea of what I can't do without that.

Email notification is nice so I will have a look at mailjet, thanks for this tips.

Best regards,

Simon