Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server 11 - Can't Add Tags

smille17
7 - Meteor

Hello -

I'm trying to create a district in Alteryx Gallery, which provides the helpful instruction that I need to create Tags in order to do so. Alteryx help says to do this on the Workflows page...  I am the author/publisher of my workflow (and also the Gallery Admin), and when I try to tag the workflow, I am not able to enter anything into the Tags box.

Anyone have any idea why that might be?

2 REPLIES 2
ChristineB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@smille17, Have you created a tag to be used in the Gallery on the Workflows tab of the Admin side of the Gallery? Tag_image.png

A Curator (which it sounds like you are) can create a tag.  Once "Add New" is selected, you should see the tag you created available for use when tagging a workflow.  The same applies for creating a tag that associates workflows to a District.  When creating a District, you can associate a tag with that District by selecting the tag you created in your District configuration, but that tag has to be created first in the Workflows section.  District_tag.png

I hope that helps!

-Christine B, Alteryx Customer Support Engineer

smille17
7 - Meteor

Yes, thanks - this solved my problem! I'm not sure why the online help documentation wasn't clear to me.

Seanna