Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Server 11 - Can't Add Tags

smille17
7 - Meteor

Hello -

I'm trying to create a district in Alteryx Gallery, which provides the helpful instruction that I need to create Tags in order to do so. Alteryx help says to do this on the Workflows page...  I am the author/publisher of my workflow (and also the Gallery Admin), and when I try to tag the workflow, I am not able to enter anything into the Tags box.

Anyone have any idea why that might be?

2 REPLIES 2
ChristineB
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@smille17, Have you created a tag to be used in the Gallery on the Workflows tab of the Admin side of the Gallery? Tag_image.png

A Curator (which it sounds like you are) can create a tag.  Once "Add New" is selected, you should see the tag you created available for use when tagging a workflow.  The same applies for creating a tag that associates workflows to a District.  When creating a District, you can associate a tag with that District by selecting the tag you created in your District configuration, but that tag has to be created first in the Workflows section.  District_tag.png

I hope that helps!

-Christine B, Alteryx Customer Support Engineer

smille17
7 - Meteor

Yes, thanks - this solved my problem! I'm not sure why the online help documentation wasn't clear to me.

Seanna