Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Output Data Tool - File Location Keeps Getting Removed

Bob_Kirkland
5 - Atom

Hi Team!

I keep running into an issue with the Output Date Tool that has me scratching my head and hope someone can help.  The issue is that I will schedule a workflow to run on Alteryx Server and have it output a csv to a server location but at some point it will quit exporting.  The workflow itself doesn't stop its scheduled runs, it just stops exporting to the server location.  What I have discovered is that when I download the workflow and look at the output, the path is removed and it just displays the file name. 

Example:  I might export to path '\\xyz123\sales\myapps\export.csv' but after the hiccup only the file name displays 'export.csv'.

We are currently using Alteryx version 2018.3 but this has happened with previous versions.

6 REPLIES 6
brianscott
11 - Bolide

I have faced similar issues regarding a fully qualified path being turned into a \\externals{1}\fileName.yxdb or whatever.  It only seemed to happen when running in gallery.  This was particularly noxious because other parts of the process (dynamic input), kept working, selecting the max(fileDate) from my destination, essentially finding old files on which to base work upon, so there was no hard failure. 

From time to time, it will also happen on file inputs such as esri geodatabases; everything is good for forever, then you (hopefully) get an error email, open the workflow, reset the path, then reschedule it.  

Bob_Kirkland
5 - Atom

Glad I am not the only one that experiences this.  The thing that stinks is that since the workflow doesn't report this issue as an error in this case, I have no way of knowing unless I either check the server location each run (weekly) or are alerted because someone noticed that the report isn't up to date as the CSV is emailed to a distribution list as part of the workflow.

NathanOch
8 - Asteroid

I am currently experiencing this issue as well. It is a .csv file that is supposed to export to a known folder location on a different drive, but when it is ran from gallery on our analytics hub server the file writes to the gallery folder and not the location it is supposed to. I, too, do not receive an error when the workflow is ran so I do not know what the problem is. I was wondering if anybody has been able to overcome this issue yet.

Thanks!

Nate

Bob_Kirkland
5 - Atom

I almost forgot about this but I have a solution of sorts.  For me, it appears to happen whenever I upload a workflow to the server.  So basically I have to do the following.

1. Load workflow to the server.
  2. Close workflow and reopen the saved workflow from the gallery.
  3. Check/fix file locations from the gallery and save.

The thing to keep in mind is that if you make future updates to your workflow, you must make the changes to the one saved on the gallery (not desktop) or you will have to repeat this 'fix' again.  it is a pain but at least it will keep this from happening.

Good luck!

conorfinn17
5 - Atom

Hello Everyone!

The only fix that I was able to get to work consistently was add the complete filepath as a column, then in the output data use the options at the bottom to "Change Entire Filepath" & deselecting the "Keep in Output". 

Sambit_198
5 - Atom

By any chance any solution for this?