Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Gallery "Link" configuration

dmankey
5 - Atom

Hello,

I am attempting to provide a link to a network file that will allow the user to download a file as a template before adding it via File Browse.

I am using "file://[PATH]/[FILENAME.EXT]"

The file path works if I copy and paste into a blank browser or file explorer. The link it Gallery is dead.

dmankey_0-1634237656813.png

dmankey_1-1634237792012.png

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @dmankey 

This is related to a web browser limitation when trying to download a local file.

I've found a workaround using chrome extension and it is working from my end. See if this works for you.

https://superuser.com/questions/1468954/chrome-cannot-download-files-from-network-path

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

dmankey
5 - Atom

Fernando, thanks for the reply. Do you think there is a better way to provide the template to the end user? The goal would be for them to download the template, fill it out, then us it in the workflow via file browse tool.

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @dmankey ,

Actually, I think your idea is great, I didn't know we had that option 😅

If it is a simple template with one line only, you can build the whole thing with interface tools, that's the only suggestion I could think of.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

dmankey
5 - Atom

@fmvizcaino I will try the chrome extension and report back if it works.