Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Gallery output filenames have + signs where there are spaces in Server 10.6

gsaval
8 - Asteroid

We recently upgraded our Alteryx Server implementation from version 10.0 to 10.6.  Since the upgrade, the filenames that are output from workflows run on the Gallery have + signs where spaces were specified.  This did not happen in version 10.0 and does not happen when the same workflow is run on a local machine through Alteryx Desktop.

For example, we have a Render tool that specifies the filename of an Excel output file as "Report Example Variable.xlsx".  When the workflow is run in our Alteryx Gallery, the "Output file" dropdown shows "Report Example Variable.xlsx", but the resulting Excel file that can be downloaded has a filename "Report+Example+Variable.xlsx".  Run in Alteryx Designer the output filename is "Report Example Variable.xlsx".  I'm guessing this is due to something with the URL encoding that wasn't happening in version 10.0.

We are saving the files in a software that doesn't like the + signs.  A simple solution is replacing the spaces with a different character like an underscores, but there is a desire to have filenames containing spaces.

Has anyone run into this, or figured out how to get spaces back into the filename with consistent filename outputs when running the same workflow in the Gallery and Designer?  Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
mranon
5 - Atom

Hello gsaval,

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have been having the same issue recently.

Thanks,

Michael

gsaval
8 - Asteroid

Hi mranon,

No I did not.  My solution was to just use underscores instead of spaces in filenames.