Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Gallery - Wildcard Search + Returning Error message to Web app

sundaramc
6 - Meteoroid

I have been working with Alteryx Gallery for a few months now. Our need is to cretae Analytical Apps that get invoked from a web app. I have a couple of question:

1) The wild card search in Designer to open an analytical app doesn't seem to be working. For example, if the analytical app is ABC_DEF_GHI.yxwz and I enter "DEF" in the search box or "GHI" it does not work. It does not work even if I did "ABC_". It does not seem to accept any special characters as "_". Am I right or am I missing something?

2) When the web app calls the analytical app how do I throw back the error message to the web app? I even tried Crew Macro with Log parser and Message tool but I am unable to figure out how to send something back to the app.

3) I know I saw someone post this question but has not been solved. How can I change the DB connection to connect to DEV vs. QA vs. PROD? One idea is to create it as a parameter to app and using an action tool replace the DB connection using DB Alias.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
akshatoz
7 - Meteor

For the question - 1) The wild card search in Designer to open an analytical app doesn't seem to be working. For example, if the analytical app is ABC_DEF_GHI.yxwz and I enter "DEF" in the search box or "GHI" it does not work. It does not work even if I did "ABC_". It does not seem to accept any special characters as "_". Am I right or am I missing something?

You can use the Regex tool and configure the regular expression in Alteryx Designer.

sundaramc
6 - Meteoroid

@akshatoz I am good with using regex on the tools but I am talking about the window that comes up when you click "File"--> Open Workflow -> <Company> Gallery and a search box appears on top of the listing of workflows/ analytical apps.