Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Gallery - Wildcard Search + Returning Error message to Web app

sundaramc
6 - Meteoroid

I have been working with Alteryx Gallery for a few months now. Our need is to cretae Analytical Apps that get invoked from a web app. I have a couple of question:

1) The wild card search in Designer to open an analytical app doesn't seem to be working. For example, if the analytical app is ABC_DEF_GHI.yxwz and I enter "DEF" in the search box or "GHI" it does not work. It does not work even if I did "ABC_". It does not seem to accept any special characters as "_". Am I right or am I missing something?

2) When the web app calls the analytical app how do I throw back the error message to the web app? I even tried Crew Macro with Log parser and Message tool but I am unable to figure out how to send something back to the app.

3) I know I saw someone post this question but has not been solved. How can I change the DB connection to connect to DEV vs. QA vs. PROD? One idea is to create it as a parameter to app and using an action tool replace the DB connection using DB Alias.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
akshatoz
7 - Meteor

For the question - 1) The wild card search in Designer to open an analytical app doesn't seem to be working. For example, if the analytical app is ABC_DEF_GHI.yxwz and I enter "DEF" in the search box or "GHI" it does not work. It does not work even if I did "ABC_". It does not seem to accept any special characters as "_". Am I right or am I missing something?

You can use the Regex tool and configure the regular expression in Alteryx Designer.

sundaramc
6 - Meteoroid

@akshatoz I am good with using regex on the tools but I am talking about the window that comes up when you click "File"--> Open Workflow -> <Company> Gallery and a search box appears on top of the listing of workflows/ analytical apps.