Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Gallery (Save Option) - Can this be disabled?

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Either as a hack or as a configuration option, I would like to disable, remove or make less likely to select.  Users are often confused and attempt to save to the public gallery rather than a private gallery.

Capture.png

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
6 REPLIES 6
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The registry entry is here in regedit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SRC\Alteryx\GalleryCredentials. I don't know what other ramifications there are, but you could just delete all the "gallery0_" items. 

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Thanks @patrick_digan!

Is this a common issue for other clients with private galleries?  My client isn't likely to post to the Alteryx gallery, so a disable/delete solution will work for them.  There could be an idea for an elegant solution for enterprise clients.

Very fast Digan!  Impressive solve.

Cheers,

Mark

dataMack
12 - Quasar

Was just testing and figured out that this method doesn't work.  Patrick is correct on the location of the registry entry, but they get recreated automatically on every launch of Alteryx.  Deleting them has no effect.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/Admin-install-option-to-disable-Save-to-Alte...

We need to give this idea lots of stars....

@AshleyK

Nate1
8 - Asteroid

Hi @dataMack,

We removed the Alteryx Public gallery from the instructions in the Alteryx Silent install guide. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Knowledge-Base/Alteryx-Command-Line-Silent-Install/ta-p/115...

The very last section describes different ways to edit the C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\RuntimeSettings.xml file and control how saving to the gallery works for users.

lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

In newer versions, follow these directions.

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.