Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Gallery - Progress Bar

mpapadopulos
5 - Atom

My team has started using an Alteryx Gallery 2022.1 instance and we have workflows that take a few minutes to run. Whenever we run a workflow, we are presented with a blank screen instead of the progress bar that we are used to in previous versions of the Gallery. I was wondering if there is a way of enabling the progress bar or at least setting up a load screen to notify the user that the workflow is in progress to avoid them wanting to re-run the application because “nothing is happening”.

This is what we are seeing:

mpapadopulos_0-1685982367769.jpeg

This is what we are used to and would want to see when running our applications:

mpapadopulos_1-1685982367771.jpeg

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @mpapadopulos ,

Unfortunately, it is not possible.

I haven`t tested the new versions yet, but I know they redesigned the admin pages, not sure if anything changed on the user side though..

You could also suggest this as an idea. https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Ideas/idb-p/server-ideas

I`ve seen them adding features back based on customer feedback.

Best regards,

Fernando Vizcaino

npariso
10 - Fireball

I don't see why this would be removed? Our first server implementation & testing is being done on version 2023.1. I am going through the community and it looks like the product lost a bunch of UX and UI features from 22 -> 23...

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

Yep. The Alteryx Team sure made some weird user-friendliness decisions when doing away with some functionalities.

Even just the "Run" button on the Gallery workflows: There used to be one near the top of the screen, and another one on the bottom/end of the workflow page. Both did the same thing.

Now, the Run button on the top is gone. This means that the user has to scroll/navigate to the bottom of the page to find the Run button. When you have a bunch of optional parameters in the way like we do on some workflows, this can be a tedious scroll. Previously, they can just click the Run button on top if they have no parameters to pass.