Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx Gallery In-DB connection username/password question

Heidi__dup_127
7 - Meteor

Forgive me, I haven't been admin of our Alteryx gallery for long. I had reset my MS password (the Teradata DB uses MS authentication). I couple of days later, I updated my password in the Manage In-DB connections in Alteryx Designer installed on my laptop.  I was able to run the workflow I was working on, on my laptop.  Then I saved the workflow to the gallery.  When I ran it, I changed the credentials to my new username and password.  However when I tried to run the workflow on the gallery, I received the error message:

• The job Import ETG_DETAIL Table FULL VOLUME from UGAP PROD did not complete successfully and resulted in the following errors:
    • Error SQLDriverConnect: [Teradata][ODBC Teradata Driver][Teradata Database] The UserId, Password or Account is invalid. (Tool Id: 1)

I logged into the server (I am admin for the gallery), started Alteryx Designer as admin, added my user id and password in the Manage In-DB connections there for the same database. Then when I ran the workflow from the gallery, it worked.

Two questions: Is this the way the Alteryx Gallery is supposed to work?  Does this mean that other Alteryx users will be using my credentials (userid, password) when they run any workflows that use the same database?

1 REPLY 1
MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Hello @Heidi__dup_127,

I prefer a method of creating a DSN-Less connection string.  Something that works on both systems easily.  My reference site is:  https://www.connectionstrings.com/teradata/.  This link points you to the Teradata section.

The odbc connection string looks like:

Provider=Teradata;DBCName=MyDbcName;Database=myDataBase;Uid=myUsername;
Pwd=myPassword;

Why not see if this helps.  I do think that there might be another quick fix which is to make sure that the credentials for RunAs might need to be saved when you put the workflow to the gallery.  This way the workflow runs as your ID and not the process id of the server.

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.