Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Gallery API - Possible responses for Disposition and Status of a job

WillH
7 - Meteor

Hi,
I'm trying to use the Alteryx Gallery API to run some jobs using python and then do some error handling and logging on the python side when I get the response but I can't find what the different possible responses are for some fields

E.g. if I get the following response when hitting the "GET /v1/jobs/{jobId}/" endpoint 

1. What is the list of possible values for status where currently it says "Completed"?
  2. What is the list of possible values for disposition where currently it says "Error"?
  3. What do the status codes for the messages mean e.g. what does the status code "101" mean? 
    (For this a partial answer can be found here)

And for all of these questions if you know the answer where do you know it from/is there a documentation link? 

{
  "id": "61d58b73e24e0000160bd2b8",
  "appId": null,
  "createDate": "2022-01-05T12:13:39Z",
  "status": "Completed",
  "disposition": "Error",
  "outputs": [],
  "messages": [
    { "status": 1, "text": "Running at a Low Priority.", "toolId": -1 },
    { "status": 1, "text": "1 record was output", "toolId": 4 },
    {
      "status": 101,
      "text": "action:GET URL:REDACTED",
      "toolId": -1
    }
  ],
  "priority": 0,
  "workerTag": null,
  "runWithE2": false
}

2 REPLIES 2
cgoodman3
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@WillH I'm just tagging some people who I know have done work with the server APIs who may be able to assist - @joshuaburkhow and @patrick_digan 

Chris
Check out my collaboration with fellow ACE Joshua Burkhow at AlterTricks.com