Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx Chained App - Workflow Exceeded 30 Seconds

faresghnaim
7 - Meteor

Greetings everyone,

I have been trying to run my chained app on Alteryx server but getting the following error:

"workflow exceeded maximum runtime of 30 seconds and was cancelled."

My workflow will have to run for more than 30 seconds but keeps getting cancelled whenever it reaches that time limit.

The server option "Cancel jobs running longer than.." is unchecked.

Is there anyway I could extend the time limit from 30 seconds?

6 REPLIES 6
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi @faresghnaim 

Do you have an event on in your workflow? Might need to adjust that...

joshuaburkhow_0-1595165588224.png

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
faresghnaim
7 - Meteor

Hi Joshua! 

Thanks for your reply.

I am not using events to run the chained app I am just using the simple option in the analytics app to run another analytics app after finishing the run. So I have no events in the workflows.

Regards,

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Ok good. Can you go here: 

From Alteryx Designer, go to Options --> Advanced Options --> System Settings

Take a look to ensure that's not checked or extended

2020-07-19 09_40_04-Clipboard.png

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
faresghnaim
7 - Meteor

Thanks again Joshua! 

This option is also unchecked in the settings we have here.

Regards,

joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Allright next thing 😉 

Update the chainedTimeout https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server/workflow-exceeded-maximum-runtime-of-30-seconds-and-...

This should do it for you!

faresghnaim
7 - Meteor

Hey Joshua,

I am not sure which file to exactly edit, I do not have any Alteryx.config files inside the bin folder or have a folder called config inside the bin folder, is there by any chance a new file that needs to be edited since that post is from 2016?

Or do you think that this file has to be edited from the server admin computer? I do not have any rights over the server, so should I ask the admin to check this file there?