Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Alteryx App placment on Server

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

Our top management has passed the proposal of having Alteryx Server. Being a Alteryx developer, my KRA is to place/schedule workflow and application on Server.

i can check multiple source that how i can schedule workflows on Server. But please let me know that how i can place my applications on server. So that they should be available for audience to use them as per their given parameters.

Few points to make the scenario clear are:-

* My applications have three input parameters i.e. Start_Date, End_date and contractID

* Audience should be able to enter dynamic input parameters to fetch desired results 

* How we can improve performance of such interactive application

Need assistance on :-

- Solution of above requirement

- Supporting content and links

- if we can have webex sessions

Many thanks for all your support as always!

-Vikas Verma

3 REPLIES 3
DanM
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

@Vikas038,

There is lots of information here on the Community as well as the Server and Designer help documentation on creating apps that can be deployed on your server. The server deployment part is very simple and is as easy as send the app to your server and assigning who you would like to assign the app use to. Here is some information that can get you started:

Creating Analytic Apps

Help: Analytic Apps

Your admin of the Gallery also has help documentation that can walk you through processes on your server. If you go to the admin settings on your server you will see HELP at the bottom of the window which will take you to specific information about your server.

DanM

Vikas038
8 - Asteroid

Hi DamM,

Thanks for your help. But given links are only guiding me that how i can create application. I am re posting my requirements for clarification.

please let me know that how i can place my applications on server. So that they should be available for other business users to use them as per their given parameters.

Few points to make the scenario clear are:-

* My applications have three input parameters i.e. Start_Date, End_date and contractID

* Audience should be able to enter dynamic input parameters to fetch desired results

Thanks,

VikasV

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Vikas038,

You can publish them to the gallery via "File > Save As" and then select your gallery. The app will then be available in your Studio. From there you can share them to the Gallery Homepage or to a Collection. Upon sharing them to the Gallery Homepage, they will be available to everyone that has access to your gallery, however if you share them to a collection, then you can add individual users to that collection.