Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx API (user)

CamBarber
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

So we have an Alteryx Server and I am wanting to create my own front-end just in terms of getting workflow general information (title, description, link to run it), this is simply so we can have everything we offer (other tools than Alteryx) in one page. 

Looking at the API (both of them for admin/user), I have the following two issues:

• The user would have to enter their credentials (user API) which I would want them to just log on and it be automatic or they just press an authorise button. This one would also only show their private gallery and not any in 'Collections'
  • The user would be able to see all workflows (admin API) (even ones they don't have permission too)

How could I basically get a JSON list (any format) of workflow's each individual user can see when they visit the site? Tried to scrape Alteryx server also but with it not being an actual website, run into issues.

Thanks for your help! :)

1 REPLY 1
PaulN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @CamBarber,

Permissions are stored in MongoDB so even with full workflow list retrieved from "/admin/v1/workflows/" I am not sure that you will obtain what you are after.

Did you try to run Alteryx Server Usage Report (https://help.alteryx.com/server/current/admin/ServerUsageReport.htm?Highlight=server%20usage%20repor...) to see if it shows any information relevant to your use case?

Kind regards,

Paul Noirel

Sr Customer Support Engineer, Alteryx