Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Alteryx API Admin OAuth key invalid

Michael_Barber
5 - Atom

I have created a workflow that pulls from the Alteryx API Admin endpoints. I have API enabled for Admin API, and when I first went through the process of testing connections, I put the Key and Secret into the Alteryx Gallery API interactive documentation page and was able to successfully get data back in the test response a couple weeks back.

However, when I try to go back and use the same interactive documentation page to get the test response for the SAME endpoint, I am getting this error:

{ "data": null, "exceptionName": "UnauthorizedException", "innerExceptionMessage": "", "message": "The provided API Key (oauth_consumer_key) is invalid." }

I have not changed anything between the first time I tested the response and now, yet when I put the Key and Secret in correctly and test out other endpoints on the Admin API interactive documentation page, I still get Authorization errors.

Is there any reason why the Key/Secret authorization would just stop working?

Thanks,

Michael

6 REPLIES 6
patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Michael_Barber  I get this because of our company's browser settings (forgot which one though).

For me, when it errs out on IE it works on Chrome.

Have you tried multiple browsers?

Michael_Barber
5 - Atom

@patrick_mcauliffe I tried in IE, Firefox, and Chrome with no luck in any. All 3 are still giving me the same Authorization error:

"message": "The provided API Key (oauth_consumer_key) is invalid."

patrick_mcauliffe
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

@Michael_Barber  Sorry for the late reply.  If you haven't already, I'd contact support.

jason_scarlett
10 - Fireball

Any solution.

I am getting the same error with a new server setup.

I have opened a support ticket. Will advise if I get a solution.

jason_scarlett
10 - Fireball

My bad. 

I was using my “Admin API” key instead of my “Private Studio API” key.

I had to enable the API key for the subscription/studio via the Admin pages.

Thanks @klonergan

elaenscetric
7 - Meteor

Whether Try it out feature will execute really ? or it is just for testing purpose? I was trying to execute one workflow and got response as well but workflow was not triggered.