Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

All users forgotten Server creds - how can we find them

ianjohnston
8 - Asteroid

hi folks

we have been asked to do a server upgrade for a new client. of course, this means i need a new user creating

nobody in the client organisation has logged in to ServerGaller ServerAdmin for 2 or 3 years none remember their credentials. this  is all users including the "default gallery administrator" and license admin 

the answer is probably very simple but for the life of me i cant work out how they can get me a new user created OR recover / reset someone else's passwords so they can set me up

i am guessing may be as easy as changing the "Default Gallery Administrator" when i log on to the server and run "Settings" but i worry this might not work and, worse still, lock out the current DGA completely

more than happy to try anything, perhaps getting on the MongoDB myself (with a wndows service account) & doing a password renew for the DGA (if it is possible, i am not a MongoDB expert!!) 

thanks folks

ianjonna

3 REPLIES 3
gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @ianjohnston, if none of the current Gallery admin (curators) remember their password and the Server is using built-in authentication you can try to first, have one the curators reset their password, they can click on the Forgot password option when logging in. An email will be sent out to reset the password. If no curator is able to do this, then you need to open the Server machine via RDP, go to Alteryx System Settings and change the Default Gallery Admin to a new user that is able to login and reset their password. 

ianjohnston
8 - Asteroid

thanks @gabrielvilella 

i will try that out when i am back in front of my desk

cheers

ianjonna

gabrielvilella
14 - Magnetar

Hi @ianjohnston, I see that you marked your reply as the solution, but I think you meant to mark my answer?