Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Admin (curator) app to download any artisan workflow

DataPrepChad
10 - Fireball

Hello Community!  I'm currently working through building a chained app that gives a Gallery curator the ability to download any user app for troubleshooting.  Unfortunately this isn't just built-in functionality, but it is possible via the Gallery API.  

The goal of my app is to have an initial app download and create a tree of all workflows/apps broken out by their owner/artisan.  The first app works great using the following API call:

http://mygallery.com/gallery/api/admin/v1/workflows/

I'm using the macro from this post to create the authentication, and after a few issues it's working brilliantly now.  The entire catalog of workflows is downloaded as json, which I can then parse and use to create a tree for the selections of app #2, which should be using the following API call:

http://mygallery.com/gallery/api/admin/v1/myappIDfromApp1/package/

The issue is this is giving me a 401 error:

HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: application/json

And the DownloadData field is giving me an unauthorized error:

The provided signature(oauth_signature) is invalid.

Which is odd since it's using the same authentication as the first app.  Has anyone used the API to build an admin app like this before? I know I'm missing something simple, and setting the Download tool to download to a local file doesn't work.  Lil' help? Thank you! 

6 REPLIES 6
DataPrepChad
10 - Fireball

Bumping this.  @jarrod, you ever see anything like this or have experience using an app to download a workflow from the Gallery as an admin?  Thanks! 

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

It's been a while since i've messed around with the authentication in the gallery api, but i thought the authentication had to be run for each call. are you reusing the same exact auth header for the second call?

DataPrepChad
10 - Fireball

Nope, using new creds for the 2nd call.  At this point just trying to see if anyone else has done this via app, no luck so far.  I'm planning on hitting up the SC at Inspire on Monday evening to work through it though if you're around and are curious.  

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Sounds good. I'll see you in the solutions center!
cam_w
11 - Bolide

@DataPrepChad - Hey!

Did you get a resolution to this question? I'm hitting a similar response through cURL when I run on our server, so I'm trawling the community for simliar issues the might solve my issue or at least trigger a suggestion to help ... :)

DataPrepChad
10 - Fireball

Unfortunately not yet.  At this time this still isn't an out of the box feature.