Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Adding a Private Studio to Data Connection

Link86
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am trying to add a private studio to a data connection using Alteryx Server 2021.2. However, the option is not appearing to Add Studio. I have the option for Users and Custom Groups. Can someone please help me understand how I can add an entire studio to a data connection.

Below is a screen shot of my view.  Thank you.

Capture.png

2 REPLIES 2
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @Link86 I could be wrong but that may be a relic from when studios used to be shared between many people in some cases. Are you able to share this connection with the individuals in the user section? 

PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Link86 Following up on this. So I took a look on my server. Basically, private studios used to be shared between many people in a feature that has been sunset called " shared subscriptions." We are moving to a user-based attribution model for workflows as opposed to a studio. So what all this means is, the "Private Studios" part of the page you are seeing is meant to be for people who still have shared studios from before so they can view them there. In your case, you can share out the data connections on a user by user basis. If you take a look at my screenshot you can see that I can "add users" to a data connection which will share it with them. Does all of that make sense? Let me know! 

PeterA1_0-1629907261623.png