Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Add user in Alteryx Sever

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

HI,

Require help on to add users in Alteryx Server version 2020.2.

It's not showing any '+' icon to add user into server

Server Version: 2020.2.3

I would request help on the same.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @ashokkumar1, there was a similar question just recently - take a look at this post, but in short, do you happen to use Active Directory for your authentication type? If so, this is expected behavior, as users will log on by accessing your Server Gallery URL. 

The aforementioned post links to this relevant article from our documentation.

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Brian,

Yes Users will log in using AD account only.

I just want to understand how can i add new user to gallery to provide access like creator and artisan.

Thank you

BrianR
Alteryx
Alteryx

If using Active Directory, then at login (i.e., one of your AD authenticated users accessing your Gallery URL), they will assume the default role you have set up for them. From the Help page...

New Gallery users assume the default user role unless you add them to a group or assign a user role assign them a role other than Default.

If you want to have users assume a role other than the default user role, you can add them to a group and assign that group a role. Or, after they have registered, you can change their user role. 

Detailed instructions are available at the Add Gallery Users page. In your case, if you want certain users to be assigned the role of Artisan, and others to be assigned the role of Curator, this can be accomplished by Creating a Group, add Users to that Group, define the appropriate Group Role (Artisan or Curator), and once they login, they will assume that role. I recommend reading the page linked directly above - this has Step by Step instructions for performing this process.

ashokkumar1
8 - Asteroid

Thank you so much for your response @BrianR 

I will go through it and if I have anything will get back to you.