Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.
SOLVED

Add/Remove galleries for users

Claje
14 - Magnetar

I can find some documentation around Default Alteryx Gallery settings, but this seems to only apply for one Gallery.

If I want to set up an install for all users with a specific set of Alteryx Galleries, is there a way to accomplish this?  Although Alteryx Galleries seem to be a user specific configuration, I can't find any obvious information on how to add/remove entries from this list as part of an install/update.

3 REPLIES 3
JakeS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Claje

It would be possible to have one Gallery automatically appear for users at install by manually changing the runtimesettings.xml that is located in C:\ProgramData\Alteryx\RuntimeSettings.xml. You would have to add the following tag somewhere in the XML:

<Designer>

<DefaultGalleryURL>http://gallery.company.com</DefaultGalleryURL>

</Designer>

That being said, this only changes the Default Gallery URL, and you would not be able to add more than one.

Jake Samuels

Principal Support Engineer
Alteryx, Inc.
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Claje That data is saved in the registry. We setup a powershell to run when installing that sets up the galleries the way we want it.

Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\SRC\Alteryx\GalleryCredentials" -Name "Gallery0_Password" -Value ""
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\SRC\Alteryx\GalleryCredentials" -Name "Gallery0_Email" -Value ""
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\SRC\Alteryx\GalleryCredentials" -Name "Gallery0_Name" -Value "our Private Gallery name"
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\SRC\Alteryx\GalleryCredentials" -Name "Gallery0_Url" -Value "https://server.domain.com/gallery/#!"
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKCU:\Software\SRC\Alteryx\GalleryCredentials" -Name "Gallery0_WindowsAuth" -Value "True"

You would obviously want to change these items to match your setup. The nice thing is you can setup it on your machine through the normal dialog and then check the registry to see how the data is being saved.

Claje
14 - Magnetar

Thanks @patrick_digan! This is exactly what I was looking for!

I'll play around with some powershell and see if I can get what I want configured.