Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Accessing the file output in the event of error

han900204
5 - Atom

Hello,

I have an analytics app deployed in the gallery that takes users input and generates the result output. This app has couple different "test" tools to validate user inputs. In the event of error, this app will write some information in yxdb format. However, it appears this yxdb file is not accessible when Alteryx throws an error while it's executing job. I only see error message output. Is there any way I can access and download the yxdb output in the event of error just like how I can download the output files when workflow runs successfully?

4 REPLIES 4
mathieuf
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @han900204,

Maybe you can save it to a shared folder location? So you can have an access to it

han900204
5 - Atom

Hi @mathieuf ,

Unfortunately, I have contractors running this app and shared folder is not an option 😞

I was hoping if there's way for them to download directly from gallery.

mathieuf
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @han900204,

I see.

I have an app on my Server with an Output Data tool setup to generate a yxdb file and I can preview it on the Server.

You may have a different configuration?

Is ti possible to have the workflow or some screenshot to help understand?

mathieuf_0-1639512094594.png

han900204
5 - Atom

@mathieuf Hello!

I basically have the same configuration. It does render the output preview when the workflow is run successfully.

However, I do have some test tools that will throw an error when user input has some issues. In addition, Alteryx will snapshot those issues and generate yxdb output at the same time. The problem is gallery won't preview any output in case Alteryx throws an error and users don't have access to the output file 😞