Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Access denied to collection

wolfgangh
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

one of our users is getting an error message, when he wants to access a collection. He has specifically the right to "add, update or remove".

What could be potential sources of error?

Best regards,

Wolfgang

5 REPLIES 5
ChristopherT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi Wolfgang,

I had a few questions regarding your setup and wanted to see if I could get more information to help troubleshoot this further for you. Are you on a multi-domain environment? What version of Alteryx Sever are you on? If I can start with these that would be very helpful. Thank you! 

wolfgangh
8 - Asteroid

Hi, actually it is a one domain environment with the Alteryx basis settings. Where can I find the version?

Thanks and best regards,

ChristopherT
Alteryx
Alteryx

Thanks for sharing that update. You can find the version by opening up your Designer and navigating to the top where you can find Help then click on About. This should be the quickest way for you to find the version. If you'd like you can reach out to support via email support@alteryx.com and I can associate your already open case from this post to the one created via email and we can continue directly via email. Thank you! 

wolfgangh
8 - Asteroid

Thanks! So it is the version 2019.3

Is there any documentation on access and identity management?

ChristopherT
Alteryx
Alteryx

I found some general documentation on the Galley for you here: https://help.alteryx.com/current/server/administer-gallery.

I'd like to continue to troubleshoot your issue further if you could please open a case with support, or email us support@alteryx.com and I will associate your current open case with your newly created one and I can help you directly from there. Thank you!