Alteryx Server Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Server.

Access Denied for other users of some apps

Peachyco
11 - Bolide

I think this might be related to an earlier problem that I had (which I have already solved).

• I am the only one who publishes apps to our company Gallery.
  • Other users can see and use these published apps on the Gallery.
  • But recently, these other users are encountering "Access Denied" errors when running certain apps. That is the whole error message, which is rather uninformative.
    • The users can log into the Gallery just fine. The error only pops up once they run these affected apps.
    • In particular, these apps have a batch macro. Whether the macro remains outside the app or is saved/embedded in the main app doesn't seem to make a difference.
    • These users were able to run these apps just fine before.
    • When I run these affected apps, they complete their run just fine.

I'm thinking that there is some credentials issue that is affecting how batch macros work, but I can't pinpoint the issue as I'm not an expert in that field.

Any insights will be much appreciated. Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
cjaneczko
13 - Pulsar
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Peachyco ,

If your credential is the run as credential and you can run the workflow from within the Gallery, all the other users should be able to run the workflow just fine. They are all impersonating you and your permissions. Even if you have the run as credential, you can set the workflow to request the user`s credentials before running, if that is the case for this workflow, then that`s probably the issue.

I also read your other post about how your process works and how you fixed it, and that is also bonkers to me. This definitely smells like a bug to me. (if the credentials are correct, of course)

Having said that, there is one thing you can check that could help to understand what is really going on.

Whenever you click the Run button, MongoDB will create a temporary folder containing all the assets you published to the Gallery and will actually execute the workflow from that folder. Right after the completion, the folder will be deleted, so I suggest you leave the folder opened, click the run button and copy and paste the folder

If you haven`t changed your MongoDB location, it will be at ProgramData\Alteryx\Service\Staging\XProcessCache

You will be able to run the workflow AS-IS from that folder and see exactly what is going on.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino